Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Jane Eyre



The best love story out there first published in 1847 by a true woman that knew the capacity of human love. This story with a simple as a name as, Jane Eyre, is truly better than  Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Cinderella, and even Lion King.

I have always loved this story, you could say it was love at firs sight. I was  enchanted by it first in movies based off the book, and now, finally, by the book itself. Read this novel and let it take you to another land with a slightly harsh landscape, misty rain, and fresh breezes. Where houses are mere mansions, ladies considered unaccomplished if not able to paint and play the piano, and men danced and sang to entertain.  When finding love was the focus of life and when souls spoke to one another regardless of distance.

The understanding of love, transformation of one's self, trusting God, and understanding life are all sustained in this rich and embolden story.  I found, by the end, my heart beating in rhythm with Jane, us two having found so much alike. Jane, a simple girl, grows to find herself an educated woman who seeks independence. Her heart is soon intertwined in a larger plot than she realizes. Her love having been given to a man she sees as above her station, she learns from him of her own beauty and specialities. Once finding true love, one cannot except anything less. Jane sees beyond and understands the healing capability of true love and need of human companionship.

“I have for the first time found what I can truly love–I have found you. You are my sympathy–my better self–my good angel–I am bound to you with a strong attachment. I think you good, gifted, lovely: a fervent, a solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my centre and spring of life, wrap my existence about you–and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one.” ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

My dear reader, please read this book to learn what love is, and what you could have as your own if applied. 

-Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment